Anti Money Laundering (AML) Policy
Independent Reserve is bound by Singapore law to take steps to ensure that it is not involved in the facilitation of money laundering or terrorist financing.
Various AML measures are in place designed to articulate our commitment to detecting, preventing and reporting attempts to use our financial services platform to launder money, to finance illegal activities such as terrorism and drug trafficking, or to commit fraud.
The following is a list of some of these measures:
- All clients must undergo a verification check to confirm identity before being allowed to trade
- Fiat currency withdrawals can only be made to a bank account held in the same name as the Independent Reserve account
- Fiat currency deposits can only be accepted from a bank account held in the same name as the Independent Reserve account
- Independent Reserve is obliged to report any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities
- Cryptocurrency withdrawals may require proof of bank account held in the same name as the Independent Reserve account before being approved