Buy Bitcoin in SingaporeBuy Bitcoin (BTC) online in minutes from Singapore’s trusted digital currency exchange.
The best place to buy Bitcoin in Singapore
Easy to use interfaceWhether you’re a pro or new to crypto, our trading interface makes it easy to buy and sell at the click of a button.
Easy banking optionsDeposit or withdraw funds in Singapore using FAST transfer.
Our long track recordSince 2013, we’ve worked hard to help over 170,000 customers to buy crypto, not just individuals but businesses too.
How to buy Bitcoin in minutes
- 1Create your accountEnjoy fuss-free retrieval of your personal details via Myinfo with Singpass when you sign up.
- 2Verify your identityTo secure your accounts, prevent fraud and to comply with local laws, you will need to verify your identity. It takes minutes and can be done with your mobile phone.
- 3Deposit fundsDeposit funds in minutes with FAST transfer.
- 4Buy Bitcoin with SGDEnter the amount of Bitcoin that you would like to buy or the dollar amount you would like to spend.
- 5Preview and confirm your orderClick “preview buy order” to review your order and then “place buy order”. Once your order is complete, the Bitcoin will be sitting in your account.
TrustedRegulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
Easy to useQuick sign up using Myinfo with Singpass, and instant deposits 24/7 via FAST transfer
Low feesTrading fees from 0% to NaN%
All the best bits to buy with confidence
Multiple ways to buy and sellOur easy-to-use trading interface allows you to trade Bitcoin at the current market price or you can set your own target price for when to buy or sell.
Set and forget auto-tradingYou can set up a direct debit and schedule automated trades regardless of price. This can be a great way to start building your investment over time.
Support for all the top cryptocurrenciesWe don’t just support Bitcoin (BTC). We offer all of the major cryptocurrencies as well. View all your crypto wallets in one place.
Excellent customer supportNeed to change something on your account or have a question? Get in touch with our friendly support team 24/7. The team is available for all account assistance.
Tailored account managementIf you are a professional trader or managing a trust, ask us about account management for insurance and OTC trades.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the world’s first decentralised digital currency with no central bank, authority or administrator that controls or approves transactions. Bitcoin is securely stored and exchanged through a digital ledger that is otherwise known as a Blockchain.
The genesis of Bitcoin dates back to October 31, 2008, when an individual or group of individuals acting under the pseudonym “Satoshi Nakamoto” published the Bitcoin whitepaper. Bitcoins are divisible into smaller units called ‘Satoshis’, similar to the way a dollar is divisible into cents. However, each Satoshi is worth 0.00000001 Bitcoin.
If you are new to crypto and thinking about buying Bitcoin, make sure you consider the following:
- You can use FAST transfer to deposit funds immediately. FAST transfers over S$1,000 are free.
- We can manage all your crypto in one account if you want. If you prefer, you can manage all of the security yourself. Cryptocurrency gives YOU control.
- Whilst Bitcoin is popular, and has increased in value over the last few years, it can still go up and down in value on a daily basis.
- Like any investment, never put in more than you can afford to lose. Do your own research and speak to your financial advisor.
Bitcoin has been around since 2009, just four years before we founded Independent Reserve. Why has it become so popular in the last few years? Here are some of the reasons why our customers like Bitcoin:
- It is a fast and cheap way to move funds around the world.
- As an investment it has grown in value over a long period of time
- It’s price can move quickly so there are lots of opportunities to trade
- Some people think Bitcoin could eventually be a truly global currency
- It can be a more stable asset when the economy is uncertain
Bitcoin is a digital currency but there are many different digital currencies, why is it so different to other digital currencies?
- It can be a ‘store of value’ similar to gold because enough people agree on its value
- It can be a ‘unit of account’ like cash because you can use it to price an object like a coffee.
- It was not created by a government or company. It was created by an unidentified person known as Satoshi Nakamoto
- Bitcoin can be transferred direct from person to person without the need for a bank
- It relies on blockchain technology to track the balance of accounts globally
- There is a limit of 21 million Bitcoins. It becomes more scarce over time.
Singapore's trusted crypto exchange
As someone who has integrated to over 20 crypto exchanges via their APIs, I can say Independent Reserve has the best API documentation by far.
Their customer support is also excellent which is something most exchanges sadly lack these days.
I organise and host blockchain meetups and conferences and am always hearing very positive things when it comes to Independent Reserve which is why I always recommend them.
They are by far the most trusted exchange in Australia for consumer trading as well as institutional investment, and offer a great 'open order book' unlike most other Australia exchanges.
I find Independent Reserve to be one of the easiest, smoothest cryptocurrency exchanges that I use.
The client onboarding process was simple, it is easy to deposit funds and I particularly like the transparency of market depth and speed of execution.