Buy Bitcoin and crypto with your Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF)
Create your SMSF account today
Ticking all your SMSF boxes
First choice for SMSFsOver 8,000 SMSFs trust Independent Reserve to purchase and secure crypto.
CompliantDetailed reporting and taxation tools to ensure your SMSF is compliant.
SecureYour crypto is secured in encrypted, geo-dispersed data centres and top tier underground vaults.
OTCMake large over-the-counter (OTC) trades for your preferred cryptocurrency through our VIP service desk.
Limit orders & DCABuy crypto your way. Set limit orders on your purchases, use our OTC desk or dollar cost average (DCA) your way in.
How to buy Bitcoin and crypto using your SMSF
- 1Create accountSimply create an account with Independent Reserve and choose “Super Fund” as your designated account type.
- 2Verify your accountYou will then be prompted to complete identity verification. Documents required to create an SMSF account include:
- SMSF name
- SMSF trust deed document
- SMSF ABN
- SMSF trustee information, including ACN and director/beneficial owner information if a corporate trustee
- Standard personal verification documents
- 3Start trading with your SMSF accountOnce you have been successfully onboarded and verified by our support team, you will be ready to start trading Bitcoin and cryptocurrency with your SMSF.
Simplify your SMSF audit with our KPMG tax tool
Complete your yearly SMSF audit at the click of a button with our crypto tax estimator co-developed by KPMG. This digital tool plugs directly into your Independent Reserve account to enable SMSF holders to quickly estimate their tax obligations.
Users are provided with an estimate of their potential tax exposure in real-time, based on their buy/sell transactions on the exchange.
200,000+Australian, NZ and Global Customers
Voted #1Voted Australia’s Best Digital Currency Exchange 2019
24/7 supportTrusted by SMSFs and Businesses
Why should you buy from Independent Reserve?
The sole purpose testAll SMSFs in Australia must pass the sole purpose test, which requires the SMSF funds to only be generating income that benefits the SMSF fund itself directly. No one (including trustees) can obtain a direct financial benefit when making investment decisions with fund money.
StorageRegular transfers of cryptocurrency can in some instances add further complications to SMSF audit processes as the location of all your funds needs to be accounted for. Independent Reserve recommends that if you decide to transfer your cryptocurrency off our platform, you minimise the number of wallets you send it to and keep detailed records of where it is.
24/7 SupportOur team of experts are on hand to help with any issue you might have. Log in to contact support now.
Have a question?
If you have questions about setting up your SMSF account, please get in touch.
We will respond to your inquires within one working day