Buy Bitcoin in AustraliaBuy Bitcoin (BTC) online in minutes from Australia’s most trusted digital currency exchange.
The best place to buy Bitcoin in Australia
Easy to use interfaceWhether you’re a pro or new to crypto, our trading interface makes it easy to buy and sell at the click of a button.
Easy banking optionsDeposit or withdraw funds instantly in Australia with PayID or NPP. Electronic Bank Transfer is also available.
Our long track recordSince 2013, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of Aussies, businesses and SMSF to buy digital assets.
How to buy Bitcoin in minutes
- 1Create your accountOur sign up is fast, secure and designed to keep your data protected.
- 2Verify your identityTo secure your accounts, prevent fraud and to comply with local laws, you will need to verify your identity. It takes minutes and can be done with your mobile phone.
- 3Deposit fundsYou can instantly deposit funds into your account 24/7 via PayID and NPP. You can also use regular EFT bank transfer, but it will take a little longer for your money to clear.
- 4Buy Bitcoin with AUDEnter the amount of Bitcoin that you would like to buy or the dollar amount you would like to spend.
- 5Preview and confirm your orderClick “preview buy order” to review your order and then “place buy order”. Once your order is complete, the Bitcoin will be sitting in your account.
Low feesFee free-deposits available. Trading fees from NaN% down to 0%
Voted #1Voted Australia's Best Cryptocurrency Exchange of the Year 2019 - 2021
24/7 supportFast, world-class support
All the best bits to buy with confidence
Multiple ways to buy and sellOur easy-to-use trading interface allows you to trade Bitcoin at the current market price or you can set your own target price for when to buy or sell.
Set and forget auto-tradingYou can set up a direct debit and schedule automated trades regardless of price. This can be a great way to start building your investment over time.
Support for all the top cryptocurrenciesWe don’t just support Bitcoin (BTC). We offer all of the major cryptocurrencies as well. View all your crypto wallets in one place.
Excellent customer supportNeed to change something on your account or have a question? Get in touch with our friendly support team 24/7. The team is available for all account assistance.
Built in tax estimatorTax time can be a stress for anyone. We’re here to make it easier. Use our KPMG tax estimator to view the tax outcomes from all your crypto trades.
Tailored account managementIf you are a professional trader or managing a trust, ask us about account management for insurance and OTC trades.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the world’s first decentralised digital currency with no central bank, authority or administrator that controls or approves transactions. Bitcoin is securely stored and exchanged through a digital ledger that is otherwise known as a Blockchain.
The genesis of Bitcoin dates back to October 31, 2008, when an individual or group of individuals acting under the pseudonym “Satoshi Nakamoto” published the Bitcoin whitepaper. Bitcoins are divisible into smaller units called ‘Satoshis’, similar to the way a dollar is divisible into cents. However, each Satoshi is worth 0.00000001 Bitcoin.
If you are new to crypto and thinking about buying Bitcoin, make sure you consider the following:
- You can use PayID and NPP to transfer funds immediately. Banks take a day or two. Australian bank transfers over $100 AUD are free. SWIFT transactions over $5,000 AUD are free internationally.
- We can manage all your crypto in one account if you want. If you prefer, you can manage all of the security yourself. Cryptocurrency gives YOU control.
- Whilst Bitcoin is popular, and has increased in value over the last few years, it can still go up and down in value on a daily basis.
- Like any investment, never put in more than you can afford to lose. Do your own research and speak to your financial advisor.
Australia's trusted crypto exchange
As someone who has integrated to over 20 crypto exchanges via their APIs, I can say Independent Reserve has the best API documentation by far.
Their customer support is also excellent which is something most exchanges sadly lack these days.
I organise and host blockchain meetups and conferences and am always hearing very positive things when it comes to Independent Reserve which is why I always recommend them.
They are by far the most trusted exchange in Australia for consumer trading as well as institutional investment, and offer a great 'open order book' unlike most other Australia exchanges.
I find Independent Reserve to be one of the easiest, smoothest cryptocurrency exchanges that I use.
The client onboarding process was simple, it is easy to deposit funds and I particularly like the transparency of market depth and speed of execution.