Sell BitcoinRegister in minutes and securely convert Bitcoin (BTC) to AUD, USD, NZD or SGD.
There are multiple ways to sell on our exchange
Market sellSell immediately at the current price.
Limit sellSell at a price you set.
OTC sellContact us if you're selling a large stash.
How do I sell Bitcoin?
- 1Create your accountSign up in less than 5 minutes. Upload your ID so we can verify your identity.
- 2Transfer from anywhere to sell here
- If you have Bitcoin in another wallet or exchange, transfer them here to sell
- If you want to accept payment in Bitcoin, get it sent here and convert to cash
- 3Sell and withdrawOnce sold, you can transfer the cash straight to your bank.
Low feesFee free-deposits available. Trading fees from NaN% down to 0%
Voted #1Voted Australia’s Best Digital Currency Exchange
24/7 supportFast, world-class support
Why is Independent Reserve the best exchange to sell Bitcoin?
Trade now or laterSell now, or wait for the price to move into your direction. Multiple ways to sell gives you more control of your profits.
Easy withdrawal optionsWithdraw directly to your bank account. This gives you access to your funds as fast as possible.
Easy-to-use trading interfaceCustomise our charts to suit your personal style. We use real language, not finance speak, so when you click ‘sell’, you know what to expect.
Excellent customer supportYou can always get in touch with our 24/7 support team, available when you need them. All account related questions are confidential.
We’re registered and compliantWe are serious about customer accounts. Our focus on compliance means you can rest easy knowing your funds are safe.
Streamline tax timeUse our KPMG tax estimator to work out your obligations to the ATO. Convenient to use and will take the stress during tax time.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the world’s first decentralised digital currency with no central bank, authority or administrator that controls or approves transactions. Bitcoin is securely stored and exchanged through a digital ledger that is otherwise known as a Blockchain.
The genesis of Bitcoin dates back to October 31, 2008, when an individual or group of individuals acting under the pseudonym “Satoshi Nakamoto” published the Bitcoin whitepaper. Bitcoins are divisible into smaller units called ‘Satoshis’, similar to the way a dollar is divisible into cents. However, each Satoshi is worth 0.00000001 Bitcoin.
We get it, you want to HODL, but there are some reasons why you might consider cashing out:
- To sell at a higher price since you bought it at a lower one.
- To get back the initial money you put into buying Bitcoin
- To sell immediately if the the price action is going differently from what you expect
- To diversify your portfolio by adding some other tokens to your wallet
- To use your profit to buy something in real life, maybe a car, a house or a gift to your loved one
Loved by customers
As someone who has integrated to over 20 crypto exchanges via their APIs, I can say Independent Reserve has the best API documentation by far.
Their customer support is also excellent which is something most exchanges sadly lack these days.
I organise and host blockchain meetups and conferences and am always hearing very positive things when it comes to Independent Reserve which is why I always recommend them.
They are by far the most trusted exchange in Australia for consumer trading as well as institutional investment, and offer a great 'open order book' unlike most other Australia exchanges.
I find Independent Reserve to be one of the easiest, smoothest cryptocurrency exchanges that I use.
The client onboarding process was simple, it is easy to deposit funds and I particularly like the transparency of market depth and speed of execution.