How to buy Bitcoin in Australia
Independent Reserve is the best place to buy,
sell and trade Bitcoin.
How to buy Bitcoin in minutes
- 01Create an account on Independent ReserveOur sign up is fast, secure and designed to keep your data protected.
- 02Verify your identityTo secure your accounts, prevent fraud and to comply with local laws, you will need to verify your identity. It takes minutes and can be done on your mobile phone.
- 03Deposit funds into your accountYou can instantly deposit funds into your account 24/7 via PayID/Osko and POLi. You can also use regular EFT bank transfer, but it will take a little longer for your money to clear.
- 04Turn dollars into BitcoinEnter the amount of Bitcoin that you would like to buy or the dollar amount you would like to spend.
- 05Preview and confirm your orderClick “preview buy order” to review your order and then “place buy order”. Once your order is complete, the Bitcoin will be sitting in your account.
How to pay for Bitcoin
Accepted currenciesAustralian Dollar (AUD), New Zealand Dollar (NZD) and US Dollar (USD).
Ways to depositInstant deposits using PayID/Osko and POLi. Bank transfer/EFT is also accepted. USD and NZD deposits are made via SWIFT
Ways to buy Bitcoin
Buy at market priceBuy Bitcoin immediately at current market price.
Buy limit orderSpecify a price at which you would like to buy Bitcoin. If the market drops to your desired price your order will automatically be executed.
AutoBuyYou can easily create rules to automatically buy Bitcoin when money is deposited into your account. You can schedule regular deposits to Dollar Cost Average (DCA) your Bitcoin purchases.
OTCMake large over-the-counter (OTC) Bitcoin trades through our VIP service desk.
Why Independent Reserve is the best place to buy Bitcoin
Based in AustraliaIndependent Reserve is based in Sydney, Australia and is trusted by over 150,000 customers and over 8,000 SMSFs.
Convenient payment methodsYou can deposit instantly using POLi or PayID/Osko, or alternatively using EFT and SWIFT.
Secure ExchangeEncrypted, geo-dispersed data centres. Top tier underground vaults used to protect your Bitcoin and data.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the world’s first decentralised peer-to-peer digital currency with no central bank, authority or administrator that operates or approves transactions on the network. Bitcoin is securely stored and exchanged through a digital ledger that is otherwise known as a Blockchain.
The genesis of Bitcoin dates back to October 31, 2008, when an individual or group of individuals acting under the pseudonym “Satoshi Nakamoto” published the Bitcoin Whitepaper. Bitcoins are divisible into smaller units called ‘Satoshis’, each Satoshi being worth 0.00000001 Bitcoin.